Working mums are superwomen who manage a tonne of everyday tasks, even when it appears nearly impossible to do so. Being a working mother is a challenging and fulfilling experience. From juggling between taking care of families to advancing career goals, it takes a lot.
However, if we praise the strength and commitment of such mothers, it doubles up their motivation to work and soar high in their careers. In this blog, we’ve brought you some inspirational quotes for working moms, to brighten their day and make them feel motivated in this incredible journey.
25+ Inspiring Working Mom Quotes
Being a working mom surely needs a lot more commitments than usual. It is normal to break down or be low at times!
Below are the quotes to inspire and at the same time celebrate the dedication of working mums who manage everything with determination and on the flow:
- “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing. You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible – oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.”- Tina Fey
- “For me, being a mother made me a better professional, because coming home every night to my girls reminded me what I was working for. And being a professional made me a better mother because by pursuing my dreams, I was modelling for my girls how to pursue their dreams.” – Michelle Obama
- “For all working mothers it’s important to remember that we don’t get to be with our kids all the time, but it’s also important for them to see us as leaders and there is value in that.” – Olivia Wilde
- “There is something really empowering about saying, “I can do it all!” That’s the wonderful thing about mothers. You can because you must, so you just do.” – Kate Winslet
- “She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn’t take them along.” – Margaret Culkin
- “Get rid of the guilt. When you’re at one place, don’t feel bad that you’re not at work; when you’re at work, don’t feel bad that you’re not at home.” – Katie Couric
- “A happy mother is a good mother, and if work makes you hum, your whole family sings along.” – Sharon Meers and Joanna Strober
- “It’s not difficult to take care of a child; it’s difficult to do anything else while taking care of a child.” – Julianne Moore
- “The balancing act of motherhood and a career, and being a wife, is something that I don’t think I’ll ever perfect, but I love the challenge of it.” – Kerri Walsh Jennings
- “If I’m pursuing my goals, my kids are seeing me at my best. I am filled up, I am happy, I am not feeling empty, depleted, and therefore resentful about the fact that I’m missing out. I don’t want them to feel like I’ve sacrificed, I don’t want them to feel that burden. I always remember that a happy working woman is a happy mother.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” –Diane Mariechild
- “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” –Bosa Sebele
- “I never dreamt of success. I worked for it.” –Estée Lauder
- “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” – Donna Reed
- “Being a working mom is not easy. You have to be willing to screw up at every level.” – Jami Gertz
- “I’m tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, Okay.” –Madonna.
- “It’s all about finding the calm in the chaos.” – Donna Karan
- “This struggle is real. The juggle is real. That’s why everyone should hire working mothers. They are put in crazy situations all the time and are forced to problem-solve. They are some of my most resourceful employees.” – Sara Blakely
- “A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, but a beautiful woman with a brain is an absolutely lethal combination.” –Prabal Gurung
- “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” – Bosa Sebele
- “It’s important for everyone – working moms especially – to find moments to ground themselves and connect with their own breath.” – Alicia Keys
- “I’m learning to feel better about asking for help, whether it’s from family or hiring help. It’s not profound but I love my career and I don’t want to make myself feel bad about pursuing both. Just cutting myself some slack has been very helpful for me.” – Mindy Kaling
- “We should go after our dreams and not be apologetic about it, but it’s scary. Whether you want to work or not, you have to do what makes you a fuller person. You have to love yourself.” ~ Catherine Reitman.
- “Get rid of the guilt. When you’re at one place, don’t feel bad that you’re not at work; when you’re at work, don’t feel bad that you’re not at home.” ~ Katie Couric.
- “It’s not wrong to be passionate about your career. When you love what you do, you bring that stimulation back to your family.” ~ Allison Pearson.
- “When I first became a mother I felt like I was mediocre at everything. I felt so stretched and so distracted (and exhausted). I said yes way too often in an effort to prove that I could do it all. I’ve worked so hard over the past decade to move from ‘What will people think’ to‘ I am enough.” ~ Brené Brown
Undoubtedly, one of the hardest tightrope to walk is between job and motherhood. But a lot of us dare to do it every day. Amazingly, we are! However, it is not easy.
It’s actually quite difficult. Leaving our children to go to work takes us down the guilt trip. Being active in both our roles i.e., professional as well as personal is a daily fight for all working moms. At times, it seems like there is no way to win.
But believe us when we say, nobody is perfect!
The above list of inspirational and proud working mom quotes will inspire you and someone you know who is going through this journey to stay motivated and excel in their life.