Everyday life as a mom and a wife can be demanding. While we have stepped into the New Year, many of us have chalked out a New Year resolution to be followed. While most of our resolutions seem unattainable after a certain time, little steps towards setting New Year goals for mom can be worth planning. You be a new mom or have gathered experience of a few springs, there is something new that comes up every now and then. To make things better and easy it is good to plan something which can be easily followed. After all, a healthy and happy mom is the key to happiness for her child and family.
As mothers, we are always ready to attain our children and family and we seldom take care of ourselves. Here is a list of 10 New Year resolutions for new moms which will add value to their life and more importantly, can be practiced in daily life. Every point you follow, you make sure to keep you content along with raising your child in a right way as a mother is the first teacher of every child.
- Patience is the key : It is not applicable that as a mother you will never leave patience. However, in my case, I have experienced that the more I stretch myself beyond limits, the more I become impatient. Therefore, it is really important to draw the line between achievable and unachievable. It’s ok to even fail to do something as a mother. Some things are beyond our control and there is no shame in accepting it. While we practice patience, our children learn the same at a very early age as the best teaching one can give to their child is by practicing the same by themselves.
- Rejuvenate yourself : We often forget to pamper ourselves. Be it spending some quiet time alone or catching up with friends. It is indeed important to take up a hobby or anything you like, to keep you happy, as your happiness is the key to your child’s happiness.
- Teach your child to speak up : When I was young, I was shy of saying ‘no’. However, as a mother, I understand the importance of saying no to things. Talk to your child and inculcate the habit of saying no to things which she is not comfortable with. While a child practices this from her early childhood, it becomes a constant practice that helps her in many ways for her entire life.
- Spend more time with family : This can be the most common thing you read today. Everyone is up to suggesting to spend more time with family than gadgets. Well, the secret lies in how to do it? With a few simple habits, you can overpower the use of gadgets and dedicate more time to your family. For example, do not wake up in the morning with an alarm, rater set your favorite song as your wakeup call in the morning. After a week your body clock will be self-trained and you would not need any alarm to wake up. Secondly, make time to talk more than to watch a movie. Play with your child and let her share her dreams and thoughts through interactions.
- Adequate sleep is a must : A healthy body is a must to attain a healthy mind. As a mother after a day’s work, I would enjoy my time during bedtime when others are asleep. But that actually retreated my health. As a mother it demands a lot mentally and physically, therefore, adequate sleep during the night is a must. It’s rewarding to wake up early in the morning and enjoy the silence and the warmth of the morning.
- Learn to leave work at the office : For working mommies, it is essential to leave work back at the office. It may happen that there is a very important meeting at your office the next day, but that should not happen quite often. However, for mothers who work from home, this can be rather challenging. I belong to the latter category and experiment with a different work schedule that matches my child’s comfort. Now when my child goes to school for 2 to 3 hours, I can dedicate the same to my profession.
- Plan your finances : As you become a mother, finance takes a charge upon you. We think about securing our child’s future and other related expenditures. What you can start with, is plan your finances. Save for a trip or for a planned expense like buying tickets for your child’s amusement extravaganza, schooling, etc. This is the best time to invest in savings and other financial planning. In this way, you can share your husband’s financial burden and become a responsible wife.
- Count healthy living for the family : Everything falls into its place when the health of your family is restored. Exercise brief healthy habits such as, schedule health check for the family, morning exercise routine, eat home-cooked food, sleep on time, and such little things which you think works better for you.
- Make sweet memories over time : Spending quality time with your family will help you make memories for life. While we spend time with each other, we never know what makes a long-lasting memory. Therefore, it is necessary to make every moment count. Spend uninterrupted time with your family and laugh together over watching TV, going out for a short trip, or even chit-chatting with one another. In this way, not only you but your child will also make memories for life.
- Express yourself more often : When we love someone we want to walk along carved roads for them, but at times it becomes tiresome. It is not an offense to express yourself more often, rather your partner will appreciate your gesture. Ask for help when you need it, even don’t forget to express your feelings towards your child and partner. Saying ‘I love you’ can do wonders for your life.
Well, every New Year goals for mom can be different. Plan out your practical resolutions which can be easily executed in daily life. The points which we have discussed above not only soothes us but adds value to a child and a partner as well. Therefore, when a family grows together, they form an eternal bond and hence, stay happy even during rough rides. With the course of time make memories with your children and partner, as this time will never come back to your life again.
Also Read About
Join Our Mummas Community Now ! !
Being a Mom is not at all easy as everyone thinks. There are lot of expectations, decisions to take, work, challenges and what not. Mothers usually forget themselves while raising their kids.
But wait, you should not do this. You are a Mother and hence deserves everything whatever you wish. Join this Millennial Indians Moms group to connect with like-minded moms where moms help and support each other in every way.