Honey and milk are the important ingredients that are used by us in our daily lives. They are very useful for our day to day activities. Milk and honey have so many benefits. They are very important for our bodies, immune system and skin.
Honey and milk are considered as one of the best mixtures. This mixture is used in various drinks, desserts and beverages. Milk and honey add an amazing flavour to different food items. Besides this, milk and honey serve an important purpose in curing various health problems. Milk and honey both provide us with important nutrients. Combining them together helps in repairing various skin and hair problems.
Here are some amazing benefits of milk with honey.
- Improves bone strength – Milk is a rich source of calcium and helps in strengthening of bones. Honey has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Combination of milk and honey is an excellent mixture that helps in maintaining the bone health. Honey contains certain enzymes that help in transporting various nutrients into the body. Drinking milk with honey is very effective for bones and teeth.
2. Improves the sleep – This remedy is very useful for providing good sleep. It cures the problem of insomnia. Milk with honey should be taken regularly to provide a better sleep. Honey helps in releasing insulin and it releases a compound known as tryptophan. It helps in increasing the feeling of wellness.
3. Helps in proper digestion – Honey helps in the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system. Milk consumed with a few drops of honey helps in boosting the digestive system. Regular consumption of milk with honey solves the problem of acidity, constipation and maintains the gastrointestinal tract.
4. Maintains heart health – Milk is an important element that promotes the health of the heart. Milk with few drops of honey serves as a rich source of potassium. It helps in removing bad cholesterol from the body. This maintains the heart health and cholesterol levels in body. It also maintains the level of blood pressure in the body.
5. Provides healthy and glowing skin – Milk contains bacteria that are very healthy for the skin. Honey and milk combination contains vitamins which help in providing glowing and smooth skin. Milk exfoliates the skin and moisturizes it. There are many face packs which can be used to cleansing the skin naturally. It rejuvenates the skin.
6. Anti-ageing properties – The anti-oxidant properties of honey and milk stop the formation of free radical that causes wrinkles, blemishes, degradation etc. Milk with honey face packs is very healthy for the outer skin. It nourishes the skin and slows down the ageing process.
7. Repairs damaged hair – Milk with honey is an excellent natural hair conditioner. It strengthens the hair fibres and makes them look smooth and shiny. It repairs the hair by keeping them strong and provides a good texture to hair.
8. Improves concentration – Honey mixed with milk acts a refreshing drink in summers. It provides a soothing effect on the body. It releases serotonin that helps in concentrating in activities. It maintains the mental health and provides strength for various physical activities.
9. Antibacterial properties – Both honey and milk are known to have antibacterial properties. When combined together serves a long lasting and a stronger effect. Drinking milk with honey helps to cure various infections as it kills the bad bacteria and solves various intestinal, digestive problems. It also cures respiratory problems and is very effective against cold and cough.
10. Improves stamina – A glass of milk with honey contains carbohydrates, proteins, and other important nutrients which are required by the body. It provides a boost to the stamina and improves the metabolism. It is a rich source of energy which is needed by us every day.
Milk with Honey benefits for Babies/Toddlers
Both milk and honey provide essential nutrients to the baby. Honey helps in increasing the amount of haemoglobin in the blood. Honey is easily metabolised by the babies as compared to the milk. Honey is very sweet and its sweetness can be reduced by adding it to milk. It is advised to give honey to babies after 12 months of age or more.
Honey with milk for toddlers has many benefits:
- It contains vitamins and minerals – Honey contains amino acid that is very important for the kids to grow. Milk helps in strengthening of bones and teeth.
- It heals the wounds – Honey helps in healing various wounds as it has anti-bacterial properties. It also helps in treating infected skin. Applying honey to the cuts will cure the wounds.
- Heals toothache – Honey with milk is good medicine for healing toothache. It will provide a great relief from bad toothache.
- Heals mouth ulcers – Adding a little turmeric to milk and honey helps in fighting against mouth ulcers. It will help in healing the wounds at a faster rate.
- Helps with sore throat – Honey is an element that helps in healing the sore throat. It is very effective against cold and cough. It also helps in healing wounds and burns.
Milk with honey gives us benefits. It is also very beneficial for small babies.
Also Read About
Home Remedies for Acid Reflux in Newborns
Join Our Mummas Community Now ! !
Being a Mom is not at all easy as everyone thinks. There are lot of expectations, decisions to take, work, challenges and what not. Mothers usually forget themselves while raising their kids.
But wait, you should not do this. You are a Mother and hence deserves everything whatever you wish. Join this Millennial Indians Moms group to connect with like-minded moms where moms help and support each other in every way.